Open Practice Times
Open practice times are available for pole and aerial students who want to spend extra time perfecting their skills. Please see rules below for attending open aerials.
Open practice times are available to our current students or others with advanced skills to train unsupervised during specific times. The following rules outline eligibility for training time, attending open practice, and cancellation procedures. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These rules are to ensure the safety of everyone participating.
To Register for Open Practice visit our Schedule Page.
- Attendees must be either current students of Sky High Studios or be an approved attendee by management.
- Current students must maintain a minimum of Level 1 skill status in the apparatus on which they are practicing, and be approved by an instructor to attend.
- If you are not a current student please email management with the request and we may ask for verification of skill in order to approve. If we are uncomfortable with you training unsupervised, a private evaluation may be required.
- We reserve the right to revoke open studio privileges at any time.
The following rules must be complied with at all times during Open Studio times:
- Aerial Students – Mats MUST be used AT ALL TIMES. No exceptions. Pole students – it is requested that you use mats during drops and tumbles.
- Students may not provide instruction to other students on new movement. Helping each other with mutual skills is permitted.
- It is requested that you work on current movement only. Unsupervised new movement (i.e. from videos off Instagram or Youtube) can result in injury when done improperly. Please only work on what you currently have instruction in.
- Spotting each other is not permitted. This is for the safety of both participants.
- The instructor/staff member on duty retains full authority of the open time and all directives must be complied with.
- Group class rules regarding food/drink also apply to open studio times.
- When taking photos and videos please respect those around you. If you are going to post on social media you need to ask permission of the others in the frame, even if they are just bystanders. Again, not everyone wants to be on the internet.
- Clean up after yourself. Any studio equipment needs to be put in its proper place, pole cleaned to the height used, mats put away, and grip aids cleaned off the floor (and shelf if you are using the aerial space). Failure to comply will end in loss of open studio privileges.
- Aerial students – DO NOT put up or take down your own equipment without instructor permission. DO NOT use the ladder without instructor permission.
- Aerial students – You must be here a minimum of 10 minutes before your open time starts to ensure your equipment of choice is ready. Once an adjacent class has started the instructor will not interrupt class to take down your equipment. No exception.
- Refusal to comply with the instructor will be dealt with in accordance of studio policy.
Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. Participants are expected to co-operate, be aware of one another, and mindful of the space around them. Any unsafe or inappropriate behavior will result in the removal from the session and/or suspension from future open practice times.
These policies are to ensure the safety of everyone involved, a positive studio culture, and a quality learning experience. All decisions made by an instructor to call out a student or remove a student from class will be backed by management. These rules are in addition to the general policies listed on our website, group class rules, and your terms of agreement. They are subject to change at any time without notice.
Open aerial times will max out at 3 students per session, and open pole times at 7 students per session. Students can waitlist themselves for open sessions. If you do not have a membership, payment will be required at the time of the waitlist booking, and will be returned to your MindBody account for reuse if you are not enlisted in the session.
Late cancellation fees to do not apply, unless in the event we are unable to add someone to the session from the waitlist, or the studio minimum attendee rate is not fulfilled within the 2 hour studio cancellation window. Fees will not exceed $10/session cancelled.
Cancellation policy for sessions scheduled adjacent to a regularly scheduled class – These sessions are kept open for use during another regularly scheduled class time. If the adjacent class is cancelled, the open session will also be cancelled.
Cancellations for specially scheduled open sessions – The studio minimum attendee rate must be at least 2 participants for the students to hold the session open. Otherwise the session will be cancelled.
Studio cancellations will be done no later than 2 hours before the session. You will be notified via your notification preferences in you MindBody account. Please make sure that you have notifications enabled (email and/or text).
*Competition times are handled as separate events from our regular open practice times. Those times will be treated as a regularly scheduled class and will be held regardless of other events in the studio.
If you have any questions please email management.