Brian Wolf Workshops
Get out your heels and hold the date! Brian Wolfe is coming back to Sky High Studios in 2018. Develop passion, style, technique, all with some sass in his amazing workshops. Details on specific workshop choices and registration information coming soon!
Date: January 27, 2018
Location: Sky High Studios, 289 Elm Street #114. Marlborough, MA 01752
Cost: $55 each workshop
Scroll to find each class description, level requirements & pre-requisites below. To sign up for a class, click the “Register Now” button for the desired workshop. You will be redirected to a MindBody registration page to complete the process. If you have any questions before you register, message us via our chat bot (lower right corner of the screen). If someone is not immediately available to respond, please leave a message with your email address so we can follow up.
King of the Pole – 2:30pm-4pm
This workshop is a co-ed heels workshop. In this workshop students will learn the art of exotic dance. This is an all levels class and it is recommended to bring leg warmers or knee pads when floor work is involved. Heels are encouraged but not required. You will learn leg flares, move embellishment, and a sexy dance routine. This is a great class for students who want to add some elements of ‘heel low flow’ to their pole freestyles.
Levels: ALL LEVELS
Burlesque 4:15 – 5:45pm
This workshop is geared toward the art of the tease: Burlesque! In ‘Tease Me Please Me’ you will begin to create your burlesque alter-ego and lean a burlesque dance routine as well. Adding the character in the dance and learning the beautiful art of the tease
Levels: ALL LEVELS
Spins on Static Intensive – 6 – 7:30pm
This workshop focuses on an element that combines spinning and static pole work. Spins on pole are extremely dynamic and fluid when executed. This workshop is designed to teach this fluid movement as well as demonstrate how this unique pole-work can be used in a students freestyle or performance. Moves covered will be flares on static, static spin transitions, full/half moon, helicopter spins.
PREREQUISITE: Inversion, shoulder mount
Brian Wolf, born in Colorado and now living in Los Angeles, California is an avid pole athlete in the community. It wasn’t until 2013, he was introduced to pole from his mentor Veronica Nichols who is a highly respected pole dance coach and instructor at Luscious Maven Pole Dance Studio.
- His athletic training is Pole, Hip-hop, jazz, jazz funk, vogue, burlesque, and fire dance.
- Brian currently trains at his home studio Luscious Maven Pole Dance in North Hollywood, California with his full-time pole coach Veronica. Aside from training, Brian is the current title holder for 2016 Pacific Pole Championships Men’s Professional winner, 2016 National Aerial Pole Art Men’s All-Star Champion, and newly crowned the FIRST ever Mr. Pole Dance America in 2016.
- In 2017, Brian was selected out of 50 applications to compete in Alex Shchukin’s world-renowned Pole Dance Championship in Barcelona, Spain.
- Companies worked with: FireGroove, Hells Belles Burlesque, Kelly Yvonne’s Dance Company, Featured shows: Seven, A Night Under the Pole Stars, and Girl Next Door.
Titles, Credits, and Awards
- 2014 Pacific Pole Championship
- Level 2 Entertainment – 2nd Place
- Level 2 Championship – 2nd Place
- 2015 California Pole Dance Championship
- Neo Division – 2nd Place
- 2015 Pole Theater South Africa
- International Guest Judge and Instructor
- Nominated “Male Performance Artist of the Year” by Pole Word News
- 2016 Pacific Pole Championship Men’s Professional Champion
- 2016 National Aerial Pole Art Championship Men’s All-Star Champion
- 2016 PSO Nationals: People’s Choice Winner
- 2016 Mr. Pole Dance America Champion
- 2017 Alex Shchukin Pole Dance Championship Finalist
- Performer in:
- Girl Next Door: A Pole Dance Soirée
- Pole Expo Pole Classic with Kelly Maglia
- Guest Performer: Pole Theater South Africa 2015